In order to maintain a safe and orderly arrival for all our students, we ask that you are courteous and patient with others.
Pre-Kindergarten through first grade students will be dropped off in the parking lot adjacent to the iPrep PK-12 Academy entrance between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 8:15 a.m. Students in pre-k through first grade will be picked up by their teachers in the cafeteria by 8:10 a.m.
Second through fifth grade students will be dropped off in the parking lot adjacent to the iPrep PK-12 Academy entrance between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 8:20 a.m. Students in second and third grade will be picked up by their teachers by 8:20 a.m. in the iPlay. Students in fourth and fifth grade will be picked up at 8:20 a.m. in the Cafeteria.
Supervised arrival activities take place as follows:
- For the safety of all students, parents of students in grade K, and 1 will be allowed to walk their child into the school on the FIRST DAY ONLY. Parents of students in PK will be allowed to come in for the FIRST THREE DAYS of school (August 19-21). The parking lot has been designated as a DROP-OFF ZONE. There are two lanes. The lane on the right hand side has been designated for drop-off as the lane on the left is the bypass area. Do not stop, park or get out of your vehicle to open your car’s trunk or doors as this creates a safety hazard and delays traffic in the area. Your child must gather all of his/her belongings and exit the car quickly and safely on the passenger side (right hand side).
- In an effort to alleviate traffic, please make sure your child has all their belongings prior to exiting the vehicle.
- The tardy bell rings at 8:20 am for Pre-K through First grade students and 8:35 am for Second through Fifth grade students. All students not inside their classroom upon the ringing of the tardy bell must report to the Main Office to obtain a tardy pass.
- Limited parking will be available in the Drop-Off/Pick-Up area, therefore, please plan to park at the Fortress Parking Lot located on SBAB Parking Lot # 6 located at N.E. 16th street and N.E. 1st Avenue.
- During arrivals, please be courteous to drivers dropping off their children. Do not cut anyone off or skip parents who have been patiently waiting in line.
Arrival During Inclement Weather
During inclement weather, arrival procedures will be modified for the safety of our students. All students in PK will report straight to their teacher’s class unless they’d like to have breakfast in the cafeteria. Students in grades K through first grade will report to the cafeteria where they will be picked up by their teachers. Students in second through third grade will report to the iPlay area where they will be picked up by their teachers. Students in fourth grade will sit in the hallways towards the 4th grade wing and students in fifth grade will report upstairs at the iPrep Café.
As you can imagine, traffic will be heavy during the morning when it is raining. Please allow ample time for your child to arrive to school on time and follow the established procedures to assist us in maintaining a safe and orderly arrival for all students and staff.
To ensure the safety of our students, the following procedures have been established according to the needs of the student body and the ability of school personnel to concur with these needs. Dismissal activities should be accomplished within a few minutes following dismissal time.
Pre-K, kindergarten and first grade students are dismissed at 1:50 p.m. daily. Students in second through fifth grade are dismissed at 3:05 p.m. daily, except on Wednesdays which dismissal is at 1:50 p.m. for all students. Students in grade six through twelve are dismissed at 3:00 p.m. daily. Students in Pre-K through first grade cannot be kept in the classroom or the office until older brothers, sisters or relatives are dismissed at 3:05 p.m. However, you may enroll your child in the Story Hour Program (1:50 p.m.-3:05 p.m.) should you need to pick up siblings or relatives at 3:05 p.m.
- During dismissal, you may not stop your car at any point. Please do not stop your car in the middle of the street to pick-up any students. There is no parking allowed on 15th Terrace.
- Students in Pre-Kindergarten through fifth grade who go home by way of car must be picked up from our Parent Pick-up area, directly from the students’ teachers.
Supervised dismissal activities take place as follows:
- When picking up your child, he/she must remain with his/her teacher or the school security monitor until you pick him/her up. Do not make arrangements for your child to wait for you in any areas that surround the school, since they are not allowed to be unsupervised at any time while on school grounds. All students must be under the direct supervision of staff at all times.
- Students who are picked up by their parents will be escorted and supervised by their teacher or designated school personnel to the appropriate Pick-Up area where they will wait for their parents. Again, students may not wait for parents to pick them up anywhere other than the designated area where they are supervised by their teachers.
- ONLY those persons listed on your child’s registration form are considered authorized. Family members, if not listed, are not considered authorized to pick up your child. Verification by the after school care program manager or administrator will be made before any child is released to a person not listed on the registration form.
- When picking up your child in the Drop-Off/Pick-Up area, you must pull up as far as possible in the designated area to allow your child into the vehicle. Your child will enter from the inside lane and only through the car doors located on the right hand side.
- Designated Dismissal Area: Students in pre-k through fourth grade must be picked up in the parking lot adjacent to the iPrep PK-12 Academy entrance. Students in grades five through twelve must be picked up on NE 1st Court. Only grade 5 students who have a younger sibling will be permitted to be picked up in the parking lot adjacent to the school. • There is no parking in the Drop-Off/Pick-Up areas of the school or in the passing lanes. Parents are discouraged from parking on 15th Terrace as this will result in fines or citations.
- Parents must be available to pick up their child immediately at 1:50 p.m., 3:00 p.m. and/or 3:05 p.m. (depending on their grade level). Students are not to be left on school grounds 10 minutes after dismissal unless they are enrolled in our After-School Care Program. It is the parents’ responsibility to be prompt in picking up their child daily.
- Students who are not picked up within 10 minutes after dismissal may be placed under the supervision of the After-School Care Program personnel where a charge will be incurred by the parents for the safety of the child.
Designated drop off and pick up zones.
- PK – 4th Grade – Drive-thru Drop Off/Pick Up on NE 2nd Avenue & 15th Terrace
- 5th – 12th Grade – Drive-thru Drop Off/Pick Up on NE 1st Court between 15th – 16th Street.
Dismissal During Inclement Weather
It is critical for our students to know and understand plans for rainy day dismissal. In the event severe weather strikes before or during the school day, for your child’s safety, please discuss in advance with your child what you wish him/her to do if it rains during dismissal. Parents will be allowed to pick up students directly from their classrooms or hallways. You must pick up your child directly from his/her teacher.