The Magnet Schools application process begins in October and ends mid January. Students who meet the minimum criteria will be entered into the “Random Selection Process” also known as the “Lottery”. The Lottery is administered by the Schools of Choice & Parental Options Office. Applications are to be submitted electronically or mailed to the Schools of Choice & Parental Options Office. Magnet Applications will NOT be accepted at the school site.
It is the responsibility of each applicant to ensure that his/her application is complete. Incomplete files will NOT be processed. A complete file for iPrep Academy consists of:
- Completed and submitted Magnet Schools Application.
- Proof of Honors Algebra 1 and Honors Physical Science for 9th grade admission. Please upload transcripts with the Magnet Application if your child has taken these courses through Florida Virtual School. All FLVS courses must be completed and passed with a “B” in order to be enrolled at iPrep. Acceptance offers may be rescinded if the student does not meet the Magnet requirements by June 3, 2020.
- Students applying from Private Schools must upload school transcripts with the Magnet Application. The transcript must include final grades for the preceding year, and current year grades. Additionally, a final official transcript must be submitted to the school at the end of the school year. Failure to submit final transcripts may result in forfeiting seat at iPrep Academy.
- October 1, 2019 – Magnet Schools Application window opens
- January 15, 2020 – Deadline to submit all documents (i.e. Transcripts, Active Duty Military Orders etc.)
- February 5, 2020 – School declare eligibility for NON- MDCPS students
- March 15, 2020 – MDCPS School of Choice & Parental Options – Lottery Results emailed to parents.
- April 3, 2020 – Deadline to Accept or Decline seat in Magnet Program